Monday, May 30, 2011

Post 5: The Other Bike


Well yes, there is already "another bike". I took the R.I.D.E. class a few week ends ago, and when I showed my new green chopper to the police instructors, one said: "I wouldn't get on that thing", and the other: "You need to put a front brake before I get on it". Finally, they both said:" You should get a cheap Honda Rebel on eBay and practice a lot before you get on that thing!".


I followed the advice, and found a wonderful "little" Honda Rebel 250 that had beed nicely chopped and repainted a dark metallic orange and black. It is the same bike I took the class on, but with more pizzaz, and the foot rests moved up so I don't feel like a frog sitting on it. It is an easy bike to ride, and the 1997 2 cylinders Honda 250cc engine on it is actually more powerful than the CB350F on the chopper...





No comments:

Post a Comment