Sunday, June 26, 2011

Post 13: Practice Does Make Better

I spent a couple hours this Sunday morning in the empty Bank parking lot down the street with the bike practicing slow maneuvers. It is getting easier and and I am getting steadier on the bike. Raising the front of the saddle about 3/4" helped with the position so I don't slide forward any more. Also, I realized I had to go faster than we did in the class with the Rebels, and I don't really have to slip the clutch, just keep some pressure on the foot brake is enough. As I was taught, looking where you want to go, even if it is right behind you is the key to getting this chopper to turn. It is hard on the arms, and takes a lot more effort than the Rebel to control. But I am managing much tighter turns than last week, and more precision in the trajectory.
I am also much more at ease on the road, shifting gear,braking , turning. I practiced counter steering and lane changes on the expressway.

No comments:

Post a Comment