Monday, June 6, 2011

Post 6: The Custom "Brass Knuckles" clutch and brake levers

I really liked the black levers made by Yana shiki, and almost ordered them, until Landers pointed out they probably would not fit. So I started thinking of casting my own bronze levers at Sloss.
Then I got this idea about building them around brass knuckles, and loved the concept. I ordered a pair of real brass knuckles (most are plated steel or aluminum), and made a couple of sketches. At first, I thought it would be neat to put the fingers through the holes, but quickly realized it might be very painful in case of a fall, so I reversed the knuckles to use the edge.
I found a piece of 1/2" brass at the Metal Supermarket, and cut out add on pieces. Welding/brazing them on the knuckles turned out to be very difficult. I am not happy with the first try, so I got some special flux and low temperature brazing wire :





2 comments:

  1. My favorite brass knuckles so far. Haven't gotten to try the Gushers cart yet but I've had the Abracadabra and 4 or 5 of the regular flavors. I can tend to go through 1 in a day or two of constant puffing but that's just me being wasteful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Brass Knuckles Clutch and brake levers looks awesome

    ReplyDelete