Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Post 7: The Perfect seat for the Black Angel, Sort of




I designed the perfect seat for the Black Angel, narrower than the La Rosa, and bordered with a bolted brass strip, and then found that somebody had already made it and was selling it on eBay, so I just ordered it.
It just came in, and is perfect, except that it is hard as a rock. I am considering taking it apart to but some memory foam or a gel pad in. I will wait till I get the shock absorber springs I also ordered.

I got the seat and shocks yesterday, and made four 1" x 1.5' welding tabs out of 3/16" steel to mount them to the frame cross bar:


I installed the seat way back over the rear tire, welding two steel tabs to the frame and drilling 1/4 " holes to attach the springs/shock combination. I had to cut a 1" x 1/8" brass bar to attach it on the front to the round brass Chinese hinge.
The existing tire was dry, and we replaced it with a Vintage Indian Style tire by Koker that is about .4" wider, and looks great.
I cut a 1/8" aluminum plate to cover the mess of wires that was exposed above the battery box after removal of the old seat, painted it flat black, and attached it with 6 brass acorn nuts.
The compressor for the horn was mounted under the saddle and connected to the horn with a black rubber hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment