Friday, July 15, 2011

Post 17: First Accessories

I am not crazy about the factory plain Jane rubber foot pegs, so I searched eBay(this bike will accept standard aftermarket Harley grips and pegs, so there was a lot of options). I found such a great deal on a full set of aluminum billet Arlen Ness bullet o-ring grips and pegs ($109) that I couldn't pass it up, and I ordered them. They should be here monday, and I can't wait to put them on:

I also ordered a set of very reasonably priced black leather X-Elements saddle bags and a magnetic tank bag from Leatherup, as we are planning a trip to North Carolina and the Smokies at the end of the month:





I also got a matte black full helmet for long fast rides, having had enough wind, deafening noise and bugs in the face during that 5 hours ride back from South Georgia last week:




I am thinking of designing and making new levers out of 3/4" thick aluminum. There are some pretty wild ones available that inspire me:



And then, I want to paint the tank and the fenders metallic orange:



No comments:

Post a Comment