Monday, July 18, 2011

Post 18: Accessories Installed

I received my set of foot pegs and grips today. I was expecting they would fit right on, but they were made for Harleys, and it actually took some grinding and cutting to fit them on, but they look great:


I had to fiddle with the Harley throttle grip to make it fit and work properly, and move the brake and clutch levers out as the grips were shorter than the ones that were on:


By the way, have you noticed the unusual rear view mirrors, borderline tacky, but cute:



The foot pegs took a bit of grinding and fitting too, and don't fold up, which I prefer:



I had to make a set of aluminum brackets to attach the saddlebags directly to the rear fender with longer bolts:



They are X-Elements leather bags, very plain and thick, and the swept back shape fits tight and look good on the bike with the rear seat on:



I also made a new set of front turn signal lights to replace the cheap plastic broken ones. I used LED arrows stuck to an aluminum arrow, itself attached low with a countersunk screw to the rubber brackets used by the old turn signals:



Next, I want to put the license plate to the side, and possibly replace the rear turn signals.

The black leather jacket was really hot to wear in the summer heat, so I found a light weight black motorcross mesh armored racing jacket, and it is great. I look just like a Ninja turtle, especially with the scales of the armor in the back, but it does the job and keep me cool in the hot weather:



No comments:

Post a Comment