Thursday, May 3, 2012

Post 37: A Fifth Bike? Why not!

   I am always looking at what good deals are on eBay, and there are a plethora of bikes for sale. It is definitely a buyer's market... Anyhow, I was watching that 2008 V Star 650 with only 2800 miles that did not sell. So I called the owner and made a low offer of $3000, and he took it. I went to Georgia last week end and brought the bike back on my trailer(the battery was dead from sitting unused most of the time). It is in nearly mint condition, a full blown indigo blue and black Classic Silverado with all the bells and whistles,removable leather bags, windshield, and dripping with chrome(most of it not plastic actually... I took a picture before I started taking all of that heavy unnecessary stuff off:


Why a smaller V Star 650?I ran across a number of nice bobbers based on this particular bike, the frame is actually good looking when you chop it and leave only the necessary pars, and the rear shock is mounted horizontally under the seat and can be exposed. I had made an early rendering of what my Mean Clean Satin Black and brass(or gold)650 Bobber might look like, with non skid plates for the tank and the side swing arms, and a girder fork:



No comments:

Post a Comment