Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Post 42: Short pipes fattened, seat support

   I got the bike back from the shop, and it is day and night. Basically, one of the cylinders was very weak, and I now have  much better acceleration and full power. We might even be able to get more power re jetting. The only problem is loud back firing on deceleration with the throttle off. I covered the skinny 1" exhaust pipes with 1 1/4" and 1 5/8" stainless steel exhaust repair flex pipes to visually beef them up, and ordered a roll of black fiberglass heat tape. I also got some curved chromed exhaust tips. It will look pretty nice wrapped in black:
  I was awake last night brainstorming, and had the idea to prolong the tank bottom piece to support the seat:
  I can then cut out the rest of the frame section supporting the seat and expose the shock.
  A crazy skinny seat would of course look better and more stylish, but my butt(pun intended) prefers some padding(this is a rider bobber, not a show bike)...

No comments:

Post a Comment