Friday, May 4, 2012

Post 40: Revised design

   I had to revise the original concept for practical and financial reasons. It's too difficult to fit a Harley rear wheel with a chain transmission to the V Star shaft transmission, and too hard to replace the drum brake with a disk brake. So I will keep the rear wheel and shaft. But I can use a 21" Harley spoke wheel on the front.




  In fact, I found this 80 spokes wheel for only $200 at DEMON CYCLE:
   
  I will have the front and rear wheels powder coated satin black, as well as the drum brake and shaft drive.
  I replaced the short fitted rear fender with a flat strip of thick non skid aluminum(or steel), and added a matching one on the front.
  I don't know yet whether to make the tank out of aluminum and have it anodized black, or to make it of steel and have it powder coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment