Saturday, May 12, 2012

Post 43: Black Fiberglass Wrap, Handlebar choices

   UPS delivered my roll of 2" fiberglass heat wrap tape today, and I wrapped it on immediately, after soaking it for a while in water. This stuff will make your hands look like a real mechanic hand, black nails, nasty cuticles and all. But the pipes look great. I used a pair of turned down chrome curved exhaust tips to finish them up

   Now I need to make the tank with seat support, the fenders, and the battery box.
I was going to get rid of the floor boards and replace them with pegs, but I have gotten used to them, and have to admit they are easy on my bad right ankle.
   The forward riding position is a little tiring, and I am looking at several different styles of handlebars, with different shapes and a few inches of pullback:















   At this point, I am leaning towards the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment